How to stream Edson Barboza vs. Justin Gaethje for free
Thanks to a new partnership with ESPN, you can easily watch the UFC Philadelphia live stream for free with the right live TV streaming package.
Edson Barboza was on a two-fight losing streak before scoring a knockout in his last bout in December. Justin Gaethje also was suffering through a two-match slump before breaking through by stopping his last opponent in August. Now the Barboza vs. Gaethje battle at UFC Philadelphia on Saturday will prove which lightweight veteran is on a certifiable winning streak.
No matter who you think will win, the fight will almost assuredly be violent.
I cant really pick who would win that fight. Its probably going to be pretty fun to watch, MMA welterweight Jon Fitch told Bloody Elbow. Gaethje comes in with reckless abandon and throws big bombs and heavy leg kicks. Barboza will chop you down like a tree with leg kicks. Whose chin is more weathered? Who lands the first big punch?
On Saturday, youll find out.
Heres everything you need to know to watch Barboza vs. Gaethje at UFC Philadelphia online.
Edson Barboza vs. Justin Gaethje
- When: Saturday, March 30, at 7pm ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia
- Streaming: ESPN and ESPN+ (free with various one-week trials)
How to watch UFC Philadelphia for free
Most of the UFC Philadelphia fight card is available to watch on ESPN. But the early prelims are being streamed exclusively on ESPNs add-on subscription service, . Either way, you can watch all 13 matches for free if you havent previously subscribed to a live streaming service. Most of the major live streaming services offer ESPN, and they all come with a free one-week trial.
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- : Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV,, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
The cheapest way to watch ESPN online is through Sling TV. If you purchase the Sling Orange package, it only costs $25 per month, and that includes ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3, plus a bunch of other great channels. If you’re a huge sports fan, though, you’ll want the Sling Orange + Blue package (seen above) for $40 a month. Either way, youll start with a free seven-day trial. (Heres a complete guide to and our .)
- Cost: $44.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- : Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
Hulu offers ESPN and ESPN2, along with a great package of other live TV channels. Youll also get access to thousands of on-demand TV shows and movies, plus Hulu original series like The Handmaids Tale.
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- : PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
PlayStation Vue offers four different tiers of channels, but you’ll find everything you need for UFC Philadelphia (and so much more) in its basic package, which includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, FX, Cartoon Network, and a lot more.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- : Google Chromecast,, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
YouTube TV puts all of your favorite channels in one place and lets you add up to six accounts for every subscription, all of which come with free cloud DVR. If you’re a sports fan, it’s worth considering for specialty options like NBA TV and MLB Network.
- Cost: $4.99 per month (after 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablet, Android TV, Chromecast, Oculus Go, PS4, Roku players and Ts, Samsung smart TVs, and iOS and Android devices
If you want to watch the early prelims, youll need to subscribe to . The channels subscription service costs $4.99 per month (after a seven-day free trial) and functions as an extension of ESPNs main app and website, unlocking all sorts of exclusive live sports and original series. With ESPN+, you’ll be able to watch 20 exclusive UFC Fight Night events per year and have access to the complete library of 30 for 30 documentaries. The three early prelim matches start on ESPN+ at 3:30pm ET. Howeverand I can’t stress this enoughthe prelims and the main event cards will not be shown on ESPN+.
Edson Barboza vs. Justin Gaethje: Why it matters
Both fighters have impressive power, so this bout could be over before you know it if youre not paying attention. Barboza said he is more diverse in the ways he can deliver his power-packed strikes. As MMA Junkie notes, Barboza is the only UFC fighter in history to stop his opponents in each of the following manners: a head kick, a body punch, a body kick, a leg kick, or a flying knee.
Here was Barbozas performance in his last fight vs. Dan Hooker.
On paper, Barboza told MMA Junkie, Im definitely the most dangerous striker in the UFC.
Perhaps thats true. But Gaethje isnt all that impressed with Barbozas fighting spirit. Thats where he feels like he can take advantage of his opponent.
I love the dude, I love the way he fights, but I notice that hes a quitter, Gaethje told MMA Mania. Two out of 10 times, he lands a big shot and knocks me out. Eight out of 10 times, I go out there and take it from him, take his soul, and make him quit in front of everybody. Im extremely confident I will break Edson Barboza, and Im extremely confident it will be super aggressive.
Gaethje is coming off an 87-second destruction of James Vick, and afterward, he celebrated with multiple flips off the top of the Octagon.
Neither Barboza nor Gaethje is that close to the top of the 155-pound lightweight division. Meanwhile, the lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is serving a nine-month suspension, so right now, the division is in a little bit of flux. (Dustin Poirier will battle featherweight champ Max Holloway for the interim lightweight title next month.) But the victor of the Barboza-Gaethje fight will keep himself active for a possible shot at the championship.
If I win this fight, it will put me close to the title shot, very close, said Barboza, whos a slight -130 betting favorite (meaning youd have to wager $130 to win $100). The division is a little busy right now, but Dustin will fight for the title and win this fight, and hopefully bring this belt for the gym, for the team, for ATT. My next step is to fight with Gaethje. Ill beat him, and if I win this fight, lets see what happens.
UFC Philadelphia live stream schedule
Main card | 8pm ET on ESPN
- Edson Barboza vs. Justin Gaethje
- David Branch vs. Jack Hermansson
- Josh Emmett vs. Michael Johnson
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Michelle Waterson
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Paul Craig
- Sodiq Yusuff vs. Sheymon Moraes
Prelims | 5pm ET on ESPN
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Jessica Aguilar
- Ross Pearson vs. Desmond Green
- Enrique Barzola vs. Kevin Aguilar
- Kevin Holland vs. Gerald Meerschaert
Early Prelims | 3:30pm ET on ESPN+
- Ray Borg vs. Casey Kenney
- Sabina Mazo vs. Maryna Moroz
- Alex Perez vs. Mark De La Rosa
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. Youll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dots streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.