Megyn Kelly Reportedly Struggling To Find A New Gig As Her Show’s Cancellation Nears – Perez Hilton
It probably isn’t much of a stretch to assume Megyn Kelly wishes she never said those words on air.
Since her controversial
The Daily Mail has learned that Kelly’s team began multiple negotiations with rival networks once the backlash came rolling in from the host’s offensive comments.
Although an insider at CAA confirmed these reports, calling it “standard practice” in a situation like this, the quest to find a new home for Megyn has reportedly come up short. One ABC exec was reportedly saying:
“We wouldn’t hire her in a million years. She’s toxic and her personal brand is finished.”
And an executive from her soon-to-be former home NBC says:
“Her limited tenure here has been an embarrassing joke – offends Jane Fonda, kisses Alex Jones’ a**, defends blackface. I mean, what is next?”
Yikes. But apparently there’s more to the story here!
A different source tells People that while the 47-year-old is set to leave the Today show in December at season’s end, talks about the future of the show reportedly began way before the recent drama:
“We began discussions earlier this month about a different role within NBC News because Megyn wants to be involved in political coverage in a deeper way than she can do at 9 a.m. Megyn indicated before this brouhaha that she wanted to move on before the end of the year in order to be involved in the presidential campaign coverage.”
Um, sure. Like any of the people she’s offended are going to buy that one…
Either way, it sounds like Kelly’s colleagues will not be missing the Megyn Kelly Today host. A separate source also told the publication:
“People at the Today show are not happy with Megyn right now. Nobody knows what is going to happen with her now.”
Popular and beloved Today hosts Craig Melvin and Al Roker are among the many that aren’t thrilled with how the situation played out, with Roker commenting on the bigger picture here:
“The fact is, while she apologized to the staff, she owes a bigger apology to folks of color around the country because this is our history, going back to the 1830s. Minstrel shows meant to denigrate a race, you know I am old enough to have lived through Amos & Andy where you had white people in blackface playing the black characters just magnifying the worst stereotypes about black people. And that’s what the big problem is.”
And it looks like NBC has decided to stand by its rightfully upset staff and viewers. The network aired a repeat of an older episode of the controversial daytime show — something almost unheard of in the morning news world.
The official statement reads:
“Given the circumstances, Megyn Kelly Today will be on tape the rest of the week.”
The drastic measure is one the network felt compelled to take as they work through Kelly’s departure. On Wednesday, NBC News Chairman Andy Lack reportedly told employees in an internal town hall about the matter:
“There is no other way to put this but I condemn those remarks, there is no place on our air or in this workplace for them. Very unfortunate. As we go forward, my highest priority remains, and as we sort through this with Megyn, let there be no doubt that this is a workplace in which you need to be proud and in which we respect each other in all the ways we know is foundational to who we are.”
Thoughts, Perezcious readers?
Would U want to see Megyn Kelly on another show, or off of the small screen for good?![Image via Andres Otero/WENN.]