Prince Charles speaks out on coronavirus diagnosis: I now find myself on the other side of the illness
Charles is said to be in good health after being in self-isolation for seven days at his Birkhall home in Scotland, per the country’s government and medical guidelines. He is now complying with current standard government and medical restrictions that apply to all citizens nationwide as he continues to work.
His wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, tested negative. However, Reuters reported that Camilla will remain in self-isolation away from Charles until the end of the week in case she too starts to develop symptoms.
When it first announced that Charles had tested positive for COVID-19, Clarence House said it is “not possible to ascertain” whom Charles may have caught the virus from, and the office made note of a “high number of engagements” he carried out in recent weeks.
Charles’ mother, 93, remains in a healthy condition despite her son testing positive, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson previously told Fox News.
“Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health. The Queen last saw the Prince of Wales briefly after the investiture on the morning of the 12th of March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare,” the spokesman said.
The British royal family announced on its official website last week that Elizabeth would temporarily move to Windsor Castle amid the growing coronavirus pandemic one week earlier than planned.
Charles and Camilla had already canceled their upcoming eight-day royal tour, which was set to begin on March 17 and conclude on March 25, with stops in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of Cyprus and Jordan.
“Owing to the unfolding situation with the coronavirus pandemic, The British Government has asked Their Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring tour to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan,” their office shared in a statement at the time.